This is a library of 6 classic rear-engine Volkswagen cars:
- Split window T1 bus
- Bay window T2 bus
- Wedge T3 bus
- The Thing
(detailed model descriptions are supplied in the .blend file) It is ready for use with Blender 3D (or any other software – convert it yourself!).
The library is available under Creative Commons attribution-share alike. This license is full of creative freedom enabling, among other things, to make game content using these models. See the license page for details.
In this first release the models are kind of basic, but still usable in something like a game, action animation, multiple car lineup or what do I know! I intend to refine the models with interiors, more details and variants but I can't promise anything about subsequent releases. If you need one or more of these models in a more finalized state now, the perfect artist for the job would be me so just drop me a line. Same goes if you are pondering uses outside the BY-SA license.
Download here (.blend, 377 K)
Love VWs? Love Blender? Whole lotta love? Here's what you can do!
- Use them – make a movie, a game, or put some car props in whatever you're doing. And don't forget to tell me about it, I wanna see what becomes of this, as well as any misses or bugs. Not that there are any ;-)
- Improve – add interiors, “used” looks, add accessories, yearly model variations. If you make improvements that fit within this concept, I'd be happy to make them part of the “canon” on this page, but you can distribute them yourself if you wish. Just stick to the license.
- Adapt – make animation rigs, cartoon versions (an all-VW version like the cast of Cars, how awesome would that be!), animations of cars crashing or blowing up. Endless fun.
Bodies, openable cab & back doors, engine hatches
Front & brake lights
Stationary windows & window seals
Wheels, hubs & hubcaps
Note: the Bay got some extra love including vents, rear view mirrors, cab door locks and steering wheel. Just sayin.
- Vaclav Chaloupka for the MaterialWorks script, really takes the pain out of exporting!
- Necronomikon Quartett who supplied the promo music in best CC fashion
- The Nordic Type 2 club for supporting me on my rocky trip in bus country
- Volkswagen for making awesome cars
|VW Classics (r1).blend||367.66 KB|